Healing Roots Pumpkin Bread
All things pumpkin in the fall is pretty much a necessity.
I went into Trader Joe’s the other day and with just about everything pumpkin flavored, I couldn’t help myself but to gather up the ingredients for a delicious pumpkin spice bread. Most pre-made or packaged pumpkin treats are loaded with sugar and I mean loaded. It’s almost frustrating that in order to even enjoy these sort of seasonal flavors we can’t have it in it’s natural-ish form.
When the sugar cravings hit or your hormones are all over the place, a big cookie or sugary & fat rich item is usually the go-to. This is the perfect treat or snack to help maintain healthy hormone levels (like insulin - which affect other hormones in your body)
So I’ve put together a recipe that I think you’ll enjoy, guilt-free. No processed sugar and pure pumpkin flavor.
My favorite way to enjoy is a with a big cup of tea and some solitude. Happy Fall!
Healing Roots Pumpkin Spice Bread
1.5 cups almond flour
½ teaspoon of baking soda
1 pinch sea salt
1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice seasoning
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon almond butter
½ cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Grease 6 by 9 baking pan with oil
3. In a bowl, mix dry ingredients: almond flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice seasoning and sea salt. Then add the maple syrup, almond butter, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and almond milk.
4. If the batter is too dry, adjust ingredients with more almond milk or more batter depending on consistency.
5. Pour batter in the baking pan and smooth out.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Stick a toothpick in to make sure it is cooked all the way, if not allow to cook for a few minutes longer and continue checking on it.